Effective Date: 1st November 2020
This Personal Data Protection Policy (“Personal Data Protection Policy”) explains how Imaduddin & Lew Chambers (“ILChambers,” “us,” “our,” and “we”), its partners, lawyers, employees, agents and affiliates use your Personal Data and this Personal Data Protection Policy applies to anyone who uses our website or other any services provided thereunder (collectively, the “Services”). For terms that govern the use of the Services, please review our Website Terms and Conditions.
By using the Services, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to the terms of this Personal Data Protection Policy. If you do not want your Personal Data handled as described in this Personal Data Protection Policy, please do not provide us with your Personal Data or interact with the Services. If you choose not to provide the necessary Personal Data to us, we may not be able to provide you with the Services.
We may modify this Personal Data Protection Policy at any time. You are deemed to agree and consent to any changes in this Personal Data Protection Policy by way of your continued use of the Services.
You can determine when this Personal Data Protection Policy was last revised by referring to the “Effective Date” above.
For the avoidance of doubt, this Personal Data Protection Policy is intended to apply to all Users, regardless of whether or not they are web visitors or existing clients or contractors of ILChambers.
Defined terms shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the Website Terms and Conditions unless the context otherwise requires. To the extent that this Personal Data Protection Policy varies or modifies any provision of the Website Terms and Conditions, the term in the Personal Data Protection Policy prevails.
1.TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect, and you hereby consent to such collection of, the following categories of Personal Data from and about you:
– Identifiers: such as your name, NRIC numbers, passport numbers, tax information, insurance information, superannuation information, postal addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you are able to receive communications.
– Demographic information: such as your occupation, age, birthdate, and gender.
– Location information: such as information related to your state, district, city, or neighbourhood, and, if you agree, more specific location information that is provided through the GPS functionality on mobile devices used to access the Services.
– Financial information: such as information collected from you for payment purposes, such as your bank account details, Swift code, Sort code, transaction number, invoicing address, payment card number, expiration date, and card verification number.
– Internet and network activity information: such as information about your browsing behaviour, search history, and interactions with websites and advertisements, including data from cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons.
2. HOW ILCHAMBERS COLLECTS PERSONAL DATA
We may collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including:
– From you: We collect information that you submit to us. For example, when you use the Services to contact us or make any enquiry as to our legal services; when you provide us with a quote or review; when you provide us with information for the purposes of conflict checks or regulatory compliance; or interact with us in other ways. We will collect any information you voluntarily provide, and we may also request optional information to support your use of the Services. If you send an e-mail or to us, we will collect your e-mail address and the full content of your e-mail, including attached files and other information you choose to provide to us. If you contact us via telephone, voice over internet protocol, short messaging services or instant messaging services or facsimile, we will collect your contact details including phone numbers and contents of any short messages, instant messages or facsimile.
– Location information: We may collect different types of information about your location, including general information, such as the city, state, district and/or post code associated with your IP address, and, if you agree, more specific location information that is provided through the GPS functionality on mobile devices used to access the Services. We may use such location information to customise the Services, including advertising that is presented to you. In order to do this, your location information may be passed along to our affiliates, agents, vendors or advertisers. You may be able to disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings.
3. HOW ILCHAMBERES USES PERSONAL DATA
We may use information collected as described in this Personal Data Protection Policy to:
– Operate, maintain, and improve the Services and other programmes, features, and functionality related to the Services;
– Messaging and interacting with Users and clients, including answering your questions and responding to your requests;
– Improve privacy;
– To conduct checks for any real or apparent conflicts;
– To conduct checks for regulatory compliance;
– Perform analytics and conduct User research;
– Manage our everyday business needs, such as administration of the Services, analytics, fraud prevention, and enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations, Website Terms and Conditions, or to comply with the law;
– Allow you to apply for a job, engage us as your lawyers, or make a complaint;
– Verify your requests made pursuant to this Personal Data Protection Policy; and
– We may also use information collected as described in this Personal Data Protection Policy with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
4. WHEN AND WHY ILCHAMBERS DISCLOSES INFORMATION
We may share your personal information as follows:
– as required to comply with the law or legal obligations;
– in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in Malaysia and other countries where we operate;
– with our vendors who perform a variety of services and functions for us, such as data storage, order fulfilment, transmitting emails, and managing digital content. We may share your information with such vendors subject to confidentiality obligations consistent with this Personal Data Protection Policy and on the condition that the service providers use your information only on our behalf and pursuant to our instructions;
– in the event we go through a business transition such as a merger of partnerships;
– to combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights, Users, and business partners, or as part of legal proceedings affecting ILChambers or its partners;
– with our affiliates who may only use the personal information for the purposes described in this Personal Data Protection Policy;
– if the information has been aggregated, de-identified, anonymised or otherwise does not identify you personally; and
– otherwise with your consent.
5. SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
Whilst ILChambers has made reasonable efforts to safeguard your Personal Data, you are cautioned that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security of your Personal Data, please contact email@example.com.
6. CONTACT US
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Personal Data Protection Policy. You can reach us online at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can reach us via postal mail at the following address:
Imaduddin & Lew Chambers,
No. 6A, Lorong Duta 2, Taman Duta,
50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.